For years I used to have trouble falling asleep at night. I would lie awake in bed, tired, yet incapable of drifting off into slumber. This would wreak havoc on my mornings, I’d have a hard time getting out of bed and was consistently late for work.
I confided this to my friend, and she asked me if I ever tried the “4-7-8” method, which she claimed was helping her fall asleep in no time. I tried this method, and it has been consistently working ever since. I now get a full night’s sleep, I’m never late for my job, and best of all – I feel refreshed.
The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique
Harvard-educated Dr. Andrew Weil developed the 4-7-8 method, an easy way to calm both the mind and the body, thus helping you fall asleep in under 60 seconds. Other benefits of this technique include stress-reduction, slower heart rate, improved concentration, and more.
The technique is very straight forward and easy:
- You take a deep breath through your nose for four seconds.
- You hold your breath in for 7 seconds.
- You then forcefully exhale through your mouth for eight seconds.
- Repeat the process 4-6 times.
I usually pass out by the third or fourth repetition. What happens is that the way you breathe forces your heart rate to slow, which immediately puts you in a calmer and more sleep-oriented mental state.
Watch Dr. Weil explaining the technique :
*pemakaian stokin vken juga dapat menjadikan tidur anda lena seperti kata dari testimoni seorang doktor*
More from my site
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Memperkenalkan Produk Baru V-Dream - December 22, 2015
- MXB 8th Anniversary Dinner di Dewan Merdeka, Putra World Trade Centre - December 21, 2015
- Makluman Harga Produk Vken Telah Dinaikkan - October 16, 2015
- How to Fall Asleep in Under a Minute - August 14, 2015